Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Week Nine 1/3

Time to start wrapping it up :(

It’s all over and I am kinda sad about it. All of the hard work has paid off, and I am grateful for all the advice that I have received from everyone. This journey started with research, this step was absolutely essential in making the rest of the project look the way it does. To be specific I started by researching how horror movies get marketed, then I researched my target audience. These two things helped me big time when it came to creating my CCR. Additionally, my planning portion has also helped me enormously in the overall process of creating a movie opening. For example, my calendar/schedule was key when it came to getting all my actors ready to film. One of the many problems that I had during the project was when my main actor got sick. I had to act in the best interest of my project so I got rid of him and I used a new one. This was the best solution for the project because it allowed me to continue filming without having to push the entire schedule. Another problem that I had to deal with was the coronavirus, which didn't allow my actors to leave their homes to film. The problem with this was the fact that I still needed to finish filming my last scene. The way that I decided to fix this problem was by using my family members as my actors. Even Though this resulted in a huge continuity error it was my only option. Overall, I am very happy in the way that it has turned out. This project has taught me how to deal with time management along with the importance of being a good director, cameraman, etc. If I had the opportunity to change something I would make the horror aspect of my opening appear sooner, but nevertheless, I am more than happy with the end result of both my film opening and my CCR. Tune in tomorrow for my CCR!








No comments:

Post a Comment